Sunday, July 31, 2011

My new phone


I previously had an Nokia N95 mobile which i liked very much. Though it didn't have touch, a new trend among mobile phones, it had a pure multitasking experience. It runs all the applications in the background and you could close them when you wanted them to close. Moreover, it had a beautiful camera 5MP.
Well if I had such a wonderful phone you must be wondering why did I replace it. Sometimes I seem to have "butter fingers". When you drop your phone flat on its screen from 5 feet above the ground, you don't expect to see it again in one piece. At least my N95 was not in one piece :-(. After this incident i had no choice but to change my phone. But, I changed to an old model phone from Nokia. No multitasking and no 3G, but it was nice for messaging. so there started my search for a better phone.

After 3 months of waiting and pondering over which phone or rather which OS I must be using, I settled on Samsung Galaxy S2 running Android (Gingerbread). Why this phone particularly? This is the best phone on paper, beats even the iPhone4. And also that iPhone 4 was coming to the end of its lifecycle, no point buying it before the release of a newer iteration of iPhone. Another nice phone was HTC Sensation, but I didn't consider it because HTC doesn't have a service centre in Bengaluru.
It has been nearly a month with my new phone and I love it. Though I have not explored it very much, I have made myself familiar with some apps. The best part of the phone is its weight. It feels like a feather but with a large screen. My favorite apps include Twitter, Dolphin Browser, Handcent SMS , Google Maps, Places, Gmail, Google Plus and of course the (8MP) Camera. Android lacks Games unlike iOS. The first game everyone links Android with is Angry Birds and yeah I have them. I expect many more games to be released in the coming months.  
Just a week ago I discovered my phone (or rather the camera has Pink Spot Syndrome. This means that there will be a pink tinge at the centre of the photograph. This is abnormal and no one seems to know the cure for it. Some say on the internet that 70% of the S2 suffer from it. Moreover, you will observe it only while clicking low light pictures. Also the phone has a bad overheating problem. The battery back-up is less than what I expected. S2 has the largest of the batteries so I presume I must be over using the 3G internet.
All in all I feel I have bought myself one of the best if not the best phone in the market. More importantly I like the phone. 

No comments: